|“Waiting for someone to shock and awe me”|
|Height: 5' 11"|
|Weight: 180 lbs|
|Location: Manhattan, NY|
|Occupation: Digital design things|
|Education: College Degree|
|Religion: Optimism & Skepticism|
|Star Sign: Virgo|
Last great book I read:
I don't know about 'great' but here's the last five I'd recommend:
Guns, Germs and Steel - Diamond
Harry Potter #4 - Rowling
The Rules of Attraction - Ellis
The Tipping Point - Gladwell
You Shall Know Our Velocity - Eggers
Most humbling moment:
Having dinner at a really nice restaurant with five influential people that I admired and telling one of them, the former editor of a big magazine, all the reasons that I stopped liking said magazine after he left and then having it pointed out to me by one of the others that I had the dates wrong and had just insulted him.
Best or worst lie I've ever told:
“Sorry I was late, it won't happen again.”
(Sometimes fashionably, never disrespectfully.)
If I could be anywhere at the moment:
Exploring any foreign country I've never been to before. Tibet, Egypt, Cambodia, Sweden, New Zealand and Thailand are near the top of that list.
Song or album that puts me in the mood:
So many moods and so much music... how to choose?
To name a few from a range of genres: Brand New Heavies, Stone Roses, Hooverphonic, NERD, Kinks, Basement Jaxx, 13th Floor Elevators and Led Zeppelin.
The five items I can't live without:
my incredible luck
my good common sense
my friends and family
Fill in the blanks:
Intelligence is sexy;
Confidence is sexier
In my bedroom, you'll find:
A comfortable bed, my favorite books and a pile of clothes that just haven't made it to the dry cleaner on their own yet. (I'm waiting to see how long it takes them to learn...)
WHY YOU SHOULD GET TO KNOW ME
- I give thoughtful gifts.
- I love music more than 95% of the people you know and want to raid the record collections of the other 5%.
- While there's always room to grow, I've done the bulk of my emotional maturing already.
- I love horse races, snowboarding, photography and (recently) scuba diving.
- I love dancing.
- I watch The Daily Show daily and Meet the Press weekly.
- I love kids and believe that being a good parent is one of the most important things you can do in life.
- I will always open the door for you and help you with your coat.
- I love good restaurants. And not just expensive ones, I love searching for diamonds in the rough.
- I know the meaning of patience, team work and diplomacy.
-And because I am crazy, stupid, silly sometimes and will cherish you more for the times when you are crazy, stupid, silly too.
MORE ABOUT WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR
- someone with a good heart.
- someone I can listen to and talk to for years and never run out of conversation.
- someone who is emotionally stable and sure of who they are even if they aren't sure who they are going to become.
- someone who accepts me for who I am, doesn't need to change me, but also makes me want to be a better person.
- someone who likes learning about anything and everything. A curious mind is very important.
- someone who can dance and kiss well and can do either for hours.
- someone who will be the president of my fan-club, while I am the president of hers.
- someone who loves music. You'll win big bonus points for introducing me to music I don't know, but you'll lose an equally large portion of points if you try to introduce me to Jimmy Buffet, the Grateful Dead, Creed or any boy-band.
Basically someone whip smart, beautiful and all-around kick ass.